Projects and Initiatives
Targeted Outreach Project
Hartlepool Community Safety Team manages a Targeted Outreach Project (TOP), which is operated by the Belle Vue Community Sports and Youth Centre.
The purpose of the service is to reduce anti-social behaviour in public areas by challenging inappropriate behaviour by young people and by signposting young people to diversionary activities and support.
The project involves several street based teams of trained youth workers who deploy to areas of the town where the Community Safety Team and it's partners identify that groups of young people are gathering.
Workers from the Targeted Outreach Project then:
- engage with young people,
- make them aware of youth centres and young person related activities in their area,
- signpost young people to support and advice services where necessary,
- identify and protect any young people who are vulnerable due to their own behaviour - for example: drinking alcohol,
- challenge, and where necessary, report to the police any anti-social behaviour and/or inappropriate behaviour by a young person that they witness.
For further information please contact:
1. Hartlepool Community Safety Team - Nicholas Stone - Neighbourhood Safety Co-ordinator - Tel: 01429 523100.
2. Belle Vue Community Sports and Youth Centre - Nicola Evans - Targeted Outreach Project Co-ordinator - Tel: 01429 221832.