The Safer Hartlepool Partnership aims to be at the forefront of helping to reduce crime and the fear of crime across the town and does this by funding key community projects, building reassurance within the community, promoting community safety, and ridding the streets of criminal activity.
As the umbrella body of Hartlepool Borough Council, Cleveland Police, Cleveland Fire Brigade, Harbour, Housing Hartlepool as well as other service providers and key support agencies, the Safer Hartlepool Partnership works towards a three-year Crime, Disorder, and Drugs Strategy (2008-2011) which sets out its priorities in a number of key areas.
The Safer Hartlepool Partnership Vision:
- Reduce acquisitive crime in Hartlepool
- Reduce alcohol related social nuisance, disorder and violence linked to the night- time economy in the town centre.
- Reduce levels of anti-social behaviour
- Reduce incidents of domestic violence and improve joint working services in relation to domestic violence.
- Promote reassurance and improve public confidence
- Prevent offending